Thursday 28 August 2014

Our plans for the land (my mock up)

To pass the time whilst waiting to get any official paperwork through, I put a mock up of how the house would sit on the land.  The pool is no doubt a pipe dream (unless of course we get $50k more for our house than we're expecting!!), but we wanted to be sure that we could fit one on the side if we wanted to.  Of course there is always the option to put it in the back (after the large shed is removed), which would then also give us side access, but we'll see.  I like the idea of having a pool straight off the alfresco and to be able to see it from indoors.  We all have our dreams ...


I'm sad I know, but I work with graphics everyday so it made sense for me to make it visual!  Its all to scale too!

7 comments:

  1. Looking good, You have very huge block of land

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes its bigger than we currently have - ours at the moment is 582m but this will be 753m, and a better shape. 19m frontage and 40m long.

      Delete
  2. Can enough space to build two houses in one block, Did you tried?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We could probably get duplexes on there, but we wouldn't want to. We want the extra land. That's one of the reasons we're moving :)

      Delete
  3. Hi just wondering if you used a free program to design this? I'm looking to do this with a block of land so i can see how much backyard we will be getting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jess - I actually used Photoshop to do it - I work with it everyday so it was pretty straight forward for me. There are probably loads of free options available online though. This has been invaluable to me really. I've redesigned it so many times its not real - this design is now out the window and I'm reverting back to the 'non mirrored' version! Driving myself insane slowly :) Are you looking at building the Harmony too?

      Delete
  4. Hi, not the harmony looking at the sonata 13 media, its also a price leader design. Just trying to find a block that will give us a decent size backyard and not just see our neighbours. Yeah i'd love to find something that will give me an idea rather than me drawing it myself on paper haha

    ReplyDelete