Wednesday 3 September 2014

Bloody Sewer!!

Well I take my hat off to Allworth today!  We're due to exchange on our land tomorrow and we got a phone call today from Allworth asking if we were aware that on our plot we would need a Pressure Sewerage System (PSS) and that it would need to be at our cost.  The land was advertised as having sewer so we hadn't even considered this.  After lots of phone calls we've discovered that this will cost us around $20k!  We have to purchase the equipment and pay for a licenced plumber to install, then we will be responsible for the maintenance of it.  Sydney Water kind of wash their hands with it.  They have also been really helpful though I have to say.

So ... I'm now waiting to speak with the agent to try and negotiate on the land.  $20k is a lot of money and something that we hadn't been made aware of ... so, lets see how we go.

I'll update soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment